The Ladyshift Co Retreat & Event Terms and Conditions
1. It is the customer’s responsibility to check the reservation and ensure that the particulars contained therein are correct.
2. The customer shall pay The Ladyshift Co a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit as set out in the retreat or event booking form.
3. The balance monies due shall be paid by the customer to The Ladyshift Co according to the booking details. Payment can be made via the web site (Paypal), transfer.
4. If payment of either the deposit or the balance is not received by the due date The Ladyshift Co reserves the right to cancel the reservation and retain the deposit.
5. Due to teacher cancellations or other situations beyond our control, The Ladyshift Co reserves the right to change bookings and shall inform the customer as soon as possible. Alternative arrangements will be offered but we do not accept responsibility for any costs incurred. We will do our best to provide a suitable replacement.
6. The Ladyshift Co reserves the right to offer discretionary discounts and this does not affect the status of any guests who have paid the full price and no discount will then become due to them.
7. The customer shall not do anything which may be a nuisance or annoyance to venue in which The Ladyshift Co retreat or event is being held.
8. The Ladyshift Co reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate a customers attendance at a retreat or event in the event of any breach of these terms and conditions. The customer will be required to end their stay and The Ladyshift Co shall not refund payment or accept any consequential liability damages or loss.
9. The Ladyshift Co retains all copyright licence rights and sole exclusive ownership of the information, photographs and material displayed on its website. The material may not be modified, copied or used in any other way.
10. The Ladyshift Co accepts no responsibility for keeping the website up to date and will not be liable for any loss by its failure to do so. We are not responsible for the contents of any links displayed on our website.
11. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that he/she has all the relevant travel documentation and arrives at the retreat or event on time.
12. The Ladyshift Co can accept no responsibility for delay or cancellation of any flights, train, buses or other forms of transport.
13. The Ladyshift Co reserves the right to alter any facility accommodation or yoga activity.
14. The customer must comply fully with all and any health and safety regulations introduced by The Ladyshift Co. The customer must ensure that he/she is medically and physically fit and able to use our facilities and participate in activities. Customers who have injuries or illnesses are advised to seek doctor’s advice if practicing any form of physical activity. The Ladyshift Co is not liable for any injuries to the customer in his/her use of our facilities or participation in activities. A customer must always stop and rest if he/she is feeling any pain or sickness and inform the teacher of any previous injuries.
15. The Ladyshift Co cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage of personal possessions or valuables of the customer.
16. In the event of a customer having any complaint then he/she will not discuss this with any third party and shall notify a member of staff as soon as possible.
17. The Ladyshift Co shall not be liable for any failures beyond its control. This covers natural disasters, war, ‘acts of God’, closure of airports, civil strife, accidents or failure to perform by third parties, including suppliers and subcontractors.
18. The Ladyshift Co accepts no liability for loss, damage, injury or illnesses which may be received during the customers stay or travelling to and from The Ladyshift Co retreat or event.
19. We recommend that all customers have adequate travel, cancellation and medical insurance for the duration of the trip.
Our Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Ladyshift Co may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st January 2019.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information: * name, contact information including email address * demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests * other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers. Whilst one of our retreats or events, we may take photos or videos for promotional use. Please let a member of staff aware or email us at: email@example.com if you wish to be excluded from photos or videos.
The Information We DONT Collect:
Credit/Debit Card Information - all payments are processed through PayPal, who ensure your banking details are never viewed by us.
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons: * Internal record keeping. * We may use the information to improve our products and services. * We may periodically send promotional emails about special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. * From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you by email for market research purposes. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. If at any time you wish to remove your information from our database or opt out from any marketing emails, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: * whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes * if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email address] We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please contact us.